National Preparedness Month (NPM), recognized each September, provides an opportunity to remind us that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year. This NPM will focus on planning, with an overarching theme: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How.
TMA members can find resources to share with their customers at National Preparedness Month. Companies can also plan events for September 15, the National Day of Action.
2018 Weekly Themes
- Week 1: Sept 1-8 Make and Practice Your Plan
- Week 2: Sept 9-15* Learn Life Saving Skills
- Week 3: Sept 16-22 Check Your Coverage
- Week 4: Sept 23-29 Save For an Emergency
Find graphics, videos, downloadable flyers, and more at National Preparedness Month.
September is National Preparedness Month (NPM)! Disasters don’t plan ahead, but you can. We should all take action to prepare! We are all able to help first responders in our community by training how to respond during an emergency and what to do when disaster strikes — where we live, work, and visit. The goal of NPM is to increase the overall number of individuals, families, and communities that engage in preparedness actions at home, work, business, school, and place of worship.
- Week 1: September 1-9 Make a Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends
- Week 2: September 10-16 Plan to Help Your Neighbor and Community
- Week 3: September 17-23 Practice and Build Out Your Plans
- Week 4: September 24-30 Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger
Find more information and resources at National Preparedness Month.